Book a consultation and let LPS Dental supercharge your smile!
- A dentist with additional years of dental training and who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gums and the placement of dental implants.
- The ultimate guardian of your gums, fighting against gingivitis, receding gums, tooth loss, and bad breath.
WHY PERIODONTICS AT LPS?
Periodontists are dentists with three years of experience and training in preventing, diagnosing, and treating gum disease. At LPS, you have access to Chicago’s top periodontists, allowing you to receive the best continuity of dental care.
That’s because when a dentist and a periodontist work in the same dental practice, they provide a collaborative approach to patient care. You’ll receive integrated treatment plans that address both your dental and periodontal needs. Your care team works together to coordinate procedures, share information, and ensure effective communication, resulting in more comprehensive and effective care.
Bottom line: It saves you time and effort while improving your care.
WHY YOU MAY NEED TO SEE A PERIODONTIST
- Change in Your Bite: Gum disease can cause teeth to separate from gums, causing great pain and discomfort while chewing.
- Darkened or Bleeding Gums: As mentioned above, the darkening of your gums may be a sign of gum disease. It is vital to catch these signs early.
- Tooth Loosening: Loosened teeth may be the first noticeable sign of gum disease. Consult a periodontist right away in you feel your teeth feeling dislodged.
- Receding Gumline: Often thought of with tobacco use, a receding gumline may result from gum disease and may be easily treatable if caught early.
MEET THE SPECIALISTS
Andreina Dulanto, DDS, MS
Dr. Andreina Dulanto is a prosthodontist originally trained in Caracas-Venezuela. She completed advanced education in General Dentistry program at the Santa Maria University in Caracas Venezuela. Dr. Dulanto moved to Gainesville, Florida to complete an internship in prosthodontics and her Master’s Degree in Prosthodontics at UFCD.
Robert Baima, DDS, FAAP, FACP
Dr. Baima is a 1975 graduate of Marquette University School of Dentistry in Milwaukee, WI, where he received his DDS. After two years in private general practice, Dr. Baima earned an advanced degree in Periodontics from the Specialty Residency of Periodontology Program at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond.